Vai al contenuto

Benvenuti su VecchiaSignora.com

Benvenuti su VecchiaSignora.com, il forum sulla Juventus più grande della rete. Per poter partecipare attivamente alla vita del forum è necessario registrarsi

Archiviato

Questa discussione è archiviata e chiusa a future risposte.

luigi1doc

Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer

Post in rilievo

Di Lateralus e Fibonacci sappiamo tutti tutto, no? Ecco, non c'è bisogno di aggiungere nulla.

Godetevi l'Holy Gift live:

Bon voyage.

Qui, invece, è possibile godere dei tre album degli APC live [con alcune chicche]:

Mer de Noms: http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Mer+De+Noms+Live/4071575

Thirteenth Step: http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Thirteenth+Step+Live+Web+Www+musicasparabaixar+org/9398450

eMOTIVe: http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Emotive+Live/9402040

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Intanto nella newsletter Blair dice le stesse cose di due anni fa durante il minitour 2012:

I concerti sono un bene perchè non rallentano i lavori del disco ma anzi consentono alka band di stare insieme e lavorare;

La band sta scrivendo;

C'è in cantiere questa sorta di progetto che definiscono curveball.

Prendete una qualsiasi news di 2 anni fa: sono le stesse cose.

Il tempo si è fermato per i Tool.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

10000 days è l'album più difficile da assimilare che abbia mai ascoltato, e per me tutto ciò è buono e giusto, questo tipo di album non li dimentichi più

Era dai tempi del primo album dei korn che non impegnavo così tanto per capire un album

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

After hearing that Tool were caught up in a multi-million dollar legal dispute, we called up guitarist Adam Jones to find out what the hell was going on, and for a cheeky update on that new album...

This multi-level lawsuit sounds like a nightmare. We know you probably have to be careful, but can you talk us through it?

“I’d be happy to talk you through it. Basically a long time ago, the band paid my best friend to do some artwork for shirts, albums and advertising – we’ve hired many, many artists over the years. And then he decided to sue us for one fifth of the money we’ve ever made. It was just ridiculous! But here’s the point: we had insurance in case we ever got sued or got in these situations. And now these insurance companies have all tried backing out.”

That sounds pretty damn unfair…

“To me, that does not feel right. I honestly think it’s like if you buy auto insurance and you’re in an accident, then you go to the insurance company and they say, ‘Well you drive an SUV and we don’t really consider that an auto, so we’re not covering you.’ Then you try to argue with them and then they go, ‘Well, we’re suing you.’”

And that obviously must be having a negative effect on the creative process.

“Well, seven years later… here we are. We have a lot of stuff going on. There’s stress. There’s four different guys with personal things going on and it can be a struggle to write music together. But this time it has been really draining and put a lot of pressure on us. We got insurance for peace of mind. And they totally turned it around on us. I just feel like we’ve been completely abandoned and it’s been totally unnecessary.”

Speaking of writing music, how is the new material coming along and what kind of direction is it taking?

“We’re always on an experimental path. We never think about what worked on the last record or what’s good on the radio right now. It’s a selfish process, we just go in there with some riffs. We experiment and the riffs start to take a different path and over time, this riff from last week might go really well with this riff from two years ago. We piece stuff together, almost like a film soundtrack, you know? But I’ll tell you this – there’s a lot of stuff in 7/4. Breaking up 7 can sound like an even number to the listener even though it’s an odd number, that’s really exciting. Rosetta Stoned had some elements of that where we had a middle break and the end rhythm of 7 against 5. It kinda opens up a whole can of worms! There’s some really light stuff going on but there’s also a lot of heavy stuff in there too.”

If there’s one thing that can be said about Tool records, it’s that they’re always worth the wait… any idea on when it will be ready?

“Ah man, I really appreciate that. It’s refreshing to be interviewed by someone that loves music and actually knows about our band. Some of the journalists we’ve dealt with… it’s been insulting to be interviewed by people that don’t bother following music or even seem to like it at all – it’s just a gig for them to get a paycheck. This lawsuit has really gotten in the way, all we want to do is get it behind us so we can focus on what we do best. I don’t want to just get it out and worry about the next record, then look back and go, ‘Why did I do that? It’s a piece of crap.’ I want to sleep well at night, it’s my legacy you know? Some day, I’m gonna croak and I wanna look back on what I did and go, ‘I worked really hard, took the time and had integrity.’ I know our fans are frustrated and obviously want to hear new music. You gotta look at that in a good way and think, ‘Wow – they really like us and they want more!’ To be honest, you can’t beat that feeling at all.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

After hearing that Tool were caught up in a multi-million dollar legal dispute, we called up guitarist Adam Jones to find out what the hell was going on, and for a cheeky update on that new album...

This multi-level lawsuit sounds like a nightmare. We know you probably have to be careful, but can you talk us through it?

“I’d be happy to talk you through it. Basically a long time ago, the band paid my best friend to do some artwork for shirts, albums and advertising – we’ve hired many, many artists over the years. And then he decided to sue us for one fifth of the money we’ve ever made. It was just ridiculous! But here’s the point: we had insurance in case we ever got sued or got in these situations. And now these insurance companies have all tried backing out.”

That sounds pretty damn unfair…

“To me, that does not feel right. I honestly think it’s like if you buy auto insurance and you’re in an accident, then you go to the insurance company and they say, ‘Well you drive an SUV and we don’t really consider that an auto, so we’re not covering you.’ Then you try to argue with them and then they go, ‘Well, we’re suing you.’”

And that obviously must be having a negative effect on the creative process.

“Well, seven years later… here we are. We have a lot of stuff going on. There’s stress. There’s four different guys with personal things going on and it can be a struggle to write music together. But this time it has been really draining and put a lot of pressure on us. We got insurance for peace of mind. And they totally turned it around on us. I just feel like we’ve been completely abandoned and it’s been totally unnecessary.”

Speaking of writing music, how is the new material coming along and what kind of direction is it taking?

“We’re always on an experimental path. We never think about what worked on the last record or what’s good on the radio right now. It’s a selfish process, we just go in there with some riffs. We experiment and the riffs start to take a different path and over time, this riff from last week might go really well with this riff from two years ago. We piece stuff together, almost like a film soundtrack, you know? But I’ll tell you this – there’s a lot of stuff in 7/4. Breaking up 7 can sound like an even number to the listener even though it’s an odd number, that’s really exciting. Rosetta Stoned had some elements of that where we had a middle break and the end rhythm of 7 against 5. It kinda opens up a whole can of worms! There’s some really light stuff going on but there’s also a lot of heavy stuff in there too.”

If there’s one thing that can be said about Tool records, it’s that they’re always worth the wait… any idea on when it will be ready?

“Ah man, I really appreciate that. It’s refreshing to be interviewed by someone that loves music and actually knows about our band. Some of the journalists we’ve dealt with… it’s been insulting to be interviewed by people that don’t bother following music or even seem to like it at all – it’s just a gig for them to get a paycheck. This lawsuit has really gotten in the way, all we want to do is get it behind us so we can focus on what we do best. I don’t want to just get it out and worry about the next record, then look back and go, ‘Why did I do that? It’s a piece of crap.’ I want to sleep well at night, it’s my legacy you know? Some day, I’m gonna croak and I wanna look back on what I did and go, ‘I worked really hard, took the time and had integrity.’ I know our fans are frustrated and obviously want to hear new music. You gotta look at that in a good way and think, ‘Wow – they really like us and they want more!’ To be honest, you can’t beat that feeling at all.”

Praticamente già se la prendevano comoda prima, ora con questa disputa penale posso aspettarmi il nuovo album fra 10 anni... .doh

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Come suonano nel 2014?

Maynard anticipa l'ingresso in Third Eye, salta le due soliti frasi in Pushit e Vicarious, fa tremare di brividi in Forty Six & 2, e in generale mi sembra e sembrano in forma. Danny è sempre mostruoso, visuals fantastiche, e quella chiusura di Stinkfist...

E Sober?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Oddio. Fa che stia succedendo ciò che penso.

"ciò che pensi" non saprei.

Di sicuro hanno altre priorità, tipo preparare il video per Opiate. sefz

http://youtu.be/yerdisl4ECo?list=UURUq9jueekA0t4uz_z5LZmA

Tra l'altro guardando gli ultimi concerti: quel nuovo riff postato a inizio pagina è parte di Hooker with a Penis.

Quei 4 minuti di "nuova musica" sono un intermezzo in Opiate.

Nel tour di Lateralus, fine 2001/inizio 2002 suonavano già parte delle Wings, prima di Lateralus.

Tanto per...

EDIT: sempre a proposito di modus operandi, ricordiamo tutti il dvd ad anticipare 10,000 Days...

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Informazione Importante

Utilizziamo i cookie per migliorare questo sito web. Puoi regolare le tue impostazioni cookie o proseguire per confermare il tuo consenso.