Vai al contenuto

Benvenuti su VecchiaSignora.com

Benvenuti su VecchiaSignora.com, il forum sulla Juventus più grande della rete. Per poter partecipare attivamente alla vita del forum è necessario registrarsi

Archiviato

Questa discussione è archiviata e chiusa a future risposte.

Skippy5

Do the Americans not know of Juve's 'Triple Threat' (plus two)?

Post in rilievo

PL and La Liga. That's ESPN.
They've got McManaman this summer saying that Ronaldo would have preferred Man United over Juventus because "Turin is cloudy and rainy" ffs .ghgh 
True, I heard that one.

Craig Burley also said that Man United would've been more attractive because of its international appeal and Mourinho. haha

Those "pundits" are utterly biased. .ghgh

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
13 hours ago, Skippy5 said:

ESPN rates the 5 teams with the best atacking trios as Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City, Paris Saint Germain and Tottenham Hotspur.  No mention of Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic and the fact that when they need a break we have Douglas Costa and Federico Bernardeschi to help out.

To be fair, at least in my experience, ESPN pundits always speak quite highly of Juventus and not only this year.

They also rate CR7 very highly: recently they voted him as the player that most deserves the ballon d'or in 2018 (video below)

So it all boils down to ESPN not really having an high opinion of Dybala and Mandzukic when compared to forwards of other top teams.

There are many, even in this forum, that share the same opinion.   

For sure there's some EPL bias at play here as well, but I don't see their choice as particularly absurd.

Especially since there's much worse going around, CR7 not winning best goal or best player awards, for example.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Tottenham? Really? They are not even qualifying for the next round in the Champions League and they can't win the Premier League even when the other major contender is Leicester City. .ghgh

Almost the same goes for Liverpool; Manè, Salah and Firmino are not playing by last season's standards.

PSG? Ok, great.

Barcellona? Still great; Messi, Suarez and Coutinho (+ Dembelè) is one hell of a trio.

Real Madrid is not the same without CR7. Bale, Benzema and Asensio (or Isco) could be very dangerous for other teams but let's be honest...Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzukic (+ D.Costa and Bernardeschi) are way better.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Looks like a list made out of Transfermarkt, just looking up player values and doing the math, with a clear bias towards Premier League.

Putting aside Tottenham that doesn't need any comment, Liverpool has very limited players, only effective against a certain kind of teams. Man City's is very good, but they have yet to prove something on the European stage.

Let's hope we will have something to prove them wrong, come May next year. 🤐

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

That’s Premier League power dude, in US they hardly know Juventus or Italian football. That’s why we bought Ronaldo, because nowadays it’s all only about being famous all over the world.

Juventus is very well known and respected in Europe tho, I live in UK and here people are kind of scared when their teams have to play against us. Even though the stupid ridiculous stereotype that Italian football is all about defending remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Informazione Importante

Utilizziamo i cookie per migliorare questo sito web. Puoi regolare le tue impostazioni cookie o proseguire per confermare il tuo consenso.